Climate change has been declared an emergency, so it is imperative we all find ways that can reduce pollution and other non-sustainable ways of working.
Here we are bringing together some best-practice case studies from amongst our members – so real-life scenarios which will show both the good things which can be achieved, and varies obstacles that we need to overcome to become more sustainable.
- Case study – attractions. Ludlow Castle and their work to be sustainable
- Case study camping, caravaning and pod rental site – Greenaway Campsite.
Events in 2020
Community share and networking
An Environment & Climate community networking event organised by Shropshire Hills AONB will be held at Craven Arms Community Centre on 27 Feb from 7-9pm.
Topics include :
- Tree Planting, what where, how;
- Community Energy & Transport;
- Using environmental data and maps;
- Nature Recovery and Net Zero
Booking is via Eventbrite at www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/90159727171
Our food – the cost to the earth and its people
A day of discussion surrounding ethical food sourcing – Saturday 29th February, tickets £8.50 inc lunch – involving the UK heads of Fairtrade, Traidcraft, Slow Food and local organic farmers. Book via www.ticketsource.co.uk/ludlow-fairtrade
This is a work in progress – contact email@example.com if you have more to add. We look forward to making this an industry-led movement.