Accommodation Category: Self Catering
Sleeps 10 adults plus children. Minimum rental fee £1550 except low season and for late deals.
Large premium self-catering cottage for family holidays, multi-generation celebrations, friends seeking a weekend together, sporting groups, corporate use, overseas visitors and even a respectable hen retreat (mixed-ages). Sorry no stag or 21st parties. We offer golfers a free 4-ball at Church Stretton Golf Club if booking a mid-week break.
Perfectly located in the heart of the Shropshire Hills AONB with spectacular views across open countryside to Caer Caradoc and hilltop fort, but conveniently only 10 mins walk along the pavement into Church Stretton with pubs, restaurants, coffee houses, supermarket and boutique shops, and under half a mile to Carding Mill Valley (Nat. Trust) and the The Long Mynd.
Originally two 18th century cobblers cottages and now fully renovated as a large contemporary space, featuring open plan chef’s kitchen, sitting area with log burner, large lounge with another log burner, plus three staircases and five superking (180cm wide) beds each with en-suite
Unwind and enjoy incredible views from all rooms or while soaking in the hot tub or relaxing on the composite decking.
Clearviews is very well located for access from around the UK and for exploring the beautiful Shropshire Hills AONB and wider attractions the county has to offer including the historic towns of Shrewsbury and Ludlow, Ironbridge (World Heritage Site) & more. Day trips to Chester, Llangollen, Snowdonia and the Welsh coast are all feasible.
Clearviews is a large 2900 sq ft property and in more detail :-
– Sleeps up to 10 adults in 5 bedrooms & 4/5 children on bunk beds in bedrooms 1 & 2
– Superking beds can be split into 2 singles (£20/split bed on arrival)
– Lounge with Clearview stove, comfortable leather sofas, large HD television with Youview (use your Netflix account) and patio doors
– Chef’s kitchen with oak cabinets and worktops, double oven, large microwave, wide five burner gas hob and powerful extraction, two dishwashers, larder fridge, Dolce Gusto espresso machine, Viners Eden cutlery, Nutribullet, breakfast bar, 1.5 bowl sink, underfloor heating and Wesco Classic Kickmaster bin
– Dining area with 3m-long oak table and chairs (seats 14)
– Sitting area with tv & freeview, dvd, Xbox 360 games console and stove
– Each bedroom has its own private en-suite with shower & loo/basin, underfloor heating and heated towel rail (bedrooms 1 & 2 have a bath/shower)
– Utility room with washer, dryer, fridge/freezer and storage
– Entrance porch with radiator and drying/hanging space for coats and boot storage racks
– Individual Nest thermostats control the radiator in each room so you’re comfortable in all zones even when the wood-burning stoves are in use
– Free multi-zone WiFi and fibre broadband throughout, Pure Evoke D6 DAB radio/bluetooth music system
– Enjoy the views from the hot tub with jets and LED lighting
– Premium composite decking with outdoor rattan seating and BBQ
– Authentic beach hut with table football – Enjoy outdoor games or sports on the lawn
– Parking for up to five cars with three covered spaces and security system (additional cars must be parked away from the property)
– Secure storage for bikes and other equipment
– Selection of restaurants, ale houses and boutique retailers in Church Stretton (15 mins walk) – The Yew Tree pub and restaurant in All Stretton (2 minute walk)
– Free spring water from the tap at Stretton Water (250m, M-F only)
– Local produce available from two butchers, Ludlow Food Centre and large Co-Op supermarket in town – Activities on the doorstep include walking, cycling, golfing, swimming, gym, gliding, archery, horse-riding, fishing, tennis, bowling, mini-golf and much more – Spectacular walks on the doorstep onto the Long Mynd, Caer Caradoc, Ragleth Hill, Stiperstones and more
– Changeover on Friday or Monday (more flexible low season) – Electricity, gas & kindling/wood (for use while staying) included
Base price is £400 per night midweek, £792 Friday & Saturday nights