If you are looking for more information about the region please see the Visitor Information Centre contact details in our Towns section.
To contact us email firstname.lastname@example.org
All members agree to adhere to the Charter of Good Practice
Shropshire Hills Tourism Association currently provides for all members as part of their membership fee:
- Accommodation Directory listing members – for 2016 this is an online brochure – a simple format, also available for guests to print out & for use by the VICs etc
- Website – this new, enhanced, responsive website, which became live from the start of 2016, allowing members access to modify their entries, add special offers and event details as required.
- A new Discovery Map – Great Days in the Shropshire Hills, which is greatly valued by visitors, showing attractions throughout our area plus a calendar of events. Membership entitles a discount on members’ advertisements.
- Newsletters via email – we aim to send out newsletters at least quarterly with helpful tips, new legislation, special offers, decisions your committee have made and opportunities to meet others in the tourism business. View the last newsletter here plus previous ones in the archive . Sign up here
- Special events: an annual leaflet swap / get together in Spring, plus other relevant meetings as opportunities arise. Talks on new technology like GoogleBusiness View and orientation visits to local attractions.
- Social Media – use the hashtag @visitshrophills and get a retweet to all our Twitter followers. Make friends at facebook.com/visitshropshirehills Make use of our blog to promote activities. Submit items to the Event guide
- The opportunity to attend Board meetings and make your views known. The minutes of the last Board meeting are here The report of the last AGM is here
- Shropshire Hills Tourism Association is recognised by Visit England as the local Destination Organisation with chances of obtaining marketing openings nationally.
Membership now runs to 31 October 2017 and costs just £45, so apply now to get the most benefit.
Sign up online
Members accept the Charter for Members which can be found online as terms and conditions
The following is the current committee:
Paul Davis – Chairman –Lower Farm Holidays, Shelve
David Palliser – Director –
Kay Dartnell – Wheely Wonderful Cycling
Jack Limond – Treasurer, White Horse Inn, Clun
Cynthia Prior – Mocktree Barns, Leintwardine
Catherine Evans – Broome Park Farm, Cleobury Mortimer
Nigel McDonald – Shropshire Hills AONB
Louise Welsby – Buy-FromShropshire
Caroline Magnus – Stokesay Court
Bob Welch – Church Stretton Town Council tourism group
Sonja Belchere – Ludlow Castle
Manager, Holiday Property Bond, Upper Norton
Bronwyn Skipworth – Stables Inn, Hopesgate
Shropshire Hills Tourism Ltd, Company No: 08219026 , Regd Office 3 Greenmount, Cunnery Road, Church Stretton, Shropshire, SY6 6AQ, England