Shropshire Hills Tourism Association is the official destination marketing body for the Shropshire Hills and is a not-for-profit members organisation. The organisation has been running for nearly 30 years, and was previously the South Shropshire Tourism Association. All members agree to adhere to the Charter of Good Practice as a condition of membership.
Shropshire Hills Tourism Association currently provides for all members as part of their membership fee:
- Directory listing members – for 2017 this again is online brochure, improved with cooperation from Ludlow VIC – a simple format, also available for guests to print out & for use by the VICs etc.
- Website – this new, enhanced, responsive website, which became live from the start of 2016, allowing members access to modify their entries, add special offers and event details as required.
- A new Discovery Map – Great Days in the Shropshire Hills, which is greatly valued by visitors, showing attractions throughout our area plus a calendar of events. Membership entitles a discount on members’ advertisements.
- Newsletters via email – we aim to send out newsletters at least quarterly with Helpful Tips, new legislation, special offers, decisions your committee have made and opportunities to meet others in the tourism business. View the last newsletter here plus previous ones in the archive .
- Special events: an annual leaflet swap / get together in Spring, plus other relevant meetings as opportunities arise. Talks on new technology like GoogleBusiness View and orientation visits to local attractions (Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre, Shrewsbury Museum & Castle, Sabrina Boat, Ludlow Food Festival, Stokesay Court in 2016, The Judge’s Lodgings, Hergest Croft Gardens 2017).
- Social Media – use the hashtag @visitshrophills and get a retweet to all our Twitter followers. Make use of our blog to promote activities. Submit items to the Event guide
- The opportunity to attend Board meetings and make your views known. The minutes of the last Board meeting are below The report of the last AGM is here
- Shropshire Hills Tourism Association is recognised by Visit England as the local Destination Organisation with chances of obtaining marketing openings nationally.
Being an established, recognised body, SHTA also applies for funding as an organisation when grants are available, and keeps members informed of possible avenues of grant funding for tourism businesses through schemes like LEADER, EARDF and the LEP partnership. Occasionally training opportunities arise for which modest fees are charged.
Minutes of Board meetings are displayed here, along with notification of next meeting and agenda when published. The next Board meeting will be on 6 July 2017 at 10:30am in the AONB offices at Drovers House, Craven Arms. If you plan on coming please email us so we have enough cake! email@example.com